New Guidelines and Precautions for the 2020-2021 Dance Season
Dear Studio C Families;
As we move on in these uncertain times…. Studio C will continue to offer the finest dance education and training while also keeping our dancers, staff and studio families safe. It is our goal to give our dancers a sense of normalcy in these trying times. Not only is dance beneficial physically; But mentally as well.
Please read through these updated procedures. Please understand that as the dance year continues we may need to be flexible and make adjustments as needed. If you have any questions; Please let us know!
General Health and Safety Protocols
- Lobby is currently closed until further notice. Dancers ages 4 and under may have one parent enter the studio to help get them into class. Once class starts, Parents will need to leave the building. Please come back to the sidewalk to pick up your child at the end of class.
- Because our lobby will be closed and parents will not be able to view their child’s class on our closed circuit tv system; We will be offering Parent Observation through Zoom every few weeks. More details to follow.
- Water fountains are closed. Bring a water bottle w/your name on it. Bottled water can also be purchased at the front desk for $1.00. Please have exact change or we can add it to your account.
- Snacks must be in bag/container, no sharing allowed.
- Vending Machines will be available; But we will not be able to give change at the front desk.
- Dance floors are marked to maintain social distancing.
- Lobby is marked with pathways to the restroom and social distancing guides.
- Signage is posted outside and inside to remind dancers and staff of social distancing.
- When using cubbies, Only one dancer’s belongings per space.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the studio.
- Class sizes will be reduced/limited to ensure social distancing.
- All individuals must be wearing a mask while in the building.Due to the strenuous and physical nature of dance; Dancers will be able to remove at times if needed, Please let us know if you do not want your dancer to remove their mask. Dancers in the PreDance, and PetiteDance 1 & 2 Levels will not be required to wear a mask.
- The studio is cleaned in its entirety daily either before or after classes. Including disinfection of all surfaces.
- Bathrooms are cleaned with a disinfectant throughout the night while classes are in session.
- After each class, All high touch surfaces are wiped down with disinfectant.
- Any dance props used will be sanitized upon the completion of class.
- Each class will end 5 minutes early so that the staff can sanitize the room between classes.
Drop off and pick up procedures -
- Dancers cannot be dropped off more than 5 min early for class. At this time they may line up to enter the building. Social distancing is required when entering the building. Please use the markings on the sidewalk.
- Dancers must use hand sanitizer when entering the studio.
- While dancers wait for class, they will remain socially distanced by the staff.
- Once dancers enter the dance room; There will be markings to place dance bag/water bottle.
- During classes, markers are on the floor to keep dancers socially distanced.
- After class dancers should use hand sanitizer when exiting the studio
- Our staff will lead dancers to the front of the building & wait with them until they are picked up.
- Parents must stay on the sidewalk in front of the studio to pick up their dancers. Please use social distancing. NO PARKING in the Fire Lane in front of the studio.
- Knowledge of cleaning protocols.
- Knowledge of drop/off pick up procedures and social distancing while in studio.
- Review Covid-19 general education.
- Staff will follow illness policy.
- Staff must wash hands/use hand sanitizer when they enter the building & in between classes.
- Parents must conduct their own health assessment of their dancer prior to arriving at the studio. This includes taking temperatures & discussing all Covid-19 symptoms.
- Dancers may not enter the studio if they are exhibiting any symptoms. Symptoms include: fever/chills, muscle/body aches, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, fatigue, headache, loss of smell/taste, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting and diarrhea.
- If your dancer has been exposed to Covid-19; They may not return to class for 14 days from the date of exposure. During this time; They may join class through live-stream instead.
- All families must sign an updated waiver which includes added information on Covid-19, along with general policies for the 2020-2021 dance season.
New Installments coming for this dance season -
- Touchless soap dispensers in bathrooms (already have touchless paper towels).
- Touchless Hand Sanitizer throughout the studio.
- Technology in each dance room to give us the capability to live-stream classes for dancers that are unable to attend.
- Updated Air Filtration System.
In the event of an exposure -
- The class that has been exposed will be notified. The specific dancer’s identity will not be released, Only the specific classes they attend.
- Staff will keep careful notes & charts on where dancers are standing in class.
- Anyone that has had close contact for an prolonged period of time to positive person may not return to the studio for 2 weeks. We will be offering live-stream/zoom classes for those that are in quarantine.
- All Zoom Links will be set at the beginning of the year and will remain the same to be used when and if needed.